Why a Blog?

I decided to write this blog, as I thought it would be helpful to other families who have a child with Perthes Disease. It is an honest diary of events and feelings.

Hope it helps,
Angela

Thursday 4 June 2009

date set for Operation to remove pins and plates

We have had a date through to have the plates and pins removed from Bells leg. The date being July 13th - her dads and grampas birthdays! It's a little over a year since having the operation. I don't know where the time has gone.

I decided to take the children on holiday, before she has it done (like last year) as she will be on crutches for 10 weeks and have a risk of fractures for approx. 4 months, as there will be holes in the bones. We went to Majorca about 2 weeks ago - Can Picafort Holiday Village Viva. Had a FANTASTIC time.

The kids made some great friends and so did I.

Waiting now for the pre-op on 26th June ready for the 13th July. Bell will be in for about 5-7 days.

No comments: