Why a Blog?

I decided to write this blog, as I thought it would be helpful to other families who have a child with Perthes Disease. It is an honest diary of events and feelings.

Hope it helps,
Angela

Sunday 22 June 2008

The Pre Op Assessment Friday 20th June 2008

We went for Annabel's pre op assessment. We met with the staff nurse, Dr Price and the anesthetist. We had a tour around the children's ward and Annabel got very excited about being there. The Ward is lovely. A great play room too. I will be staying with her at hospital, where she will be about 10 days. She will be resting for most of that time, then with some hydrotherapy.

Feeling a bit anxious about it all now, counting the days.

This is a picture I found of the operation that Annabel will be having. It will take about 4-5 hours. I asked if her leg will be shortened much, and Dr Price said it would be about 1cm.

Looks rather gruesome.

No comments: